People always say the best way to get to know a city is by walking, and this is very true for Colombo. Take in the sights, sounds, and smells as you walk through the streets of Pettah, Fort, and across the Galle Face Green.
Do check out our walking maps. See where you want to go and how you can get there with your own two feet.
1. Always use the zebra crossings. You will often see locals putting a hand up when crossing the street; this is to indicate to the car that are crossing, so don't feel shy in raising the hand.
2. Always look both ways before crossing.
3. Carry the umbrella with you - in case it rains or you want to get out of the glare of the sun.
4. Try to cary a bottle of water around - you will feel the heat!
5. Print a map.. It will probably come in handy!